The term hypertension is a combination of two words: “hyper” meaning “over, “exceedingly,” or “to excess” in Greek, and the French word “tension” meaning “a stretched condition” (which in turn is derived from the Latin “tensionem” meaning “a stretching” or “a struggle”).
Hypertension (HTN), or high blood pressure, affects more than half of adults in the United States. It’s a condition characterized by abnormally elevated pressure in the arteries. The state—because HTN isn’t technically a “disease” but rather a symptom of underlying problems—is a major risk factor for a variety of cardiovascular, renal, cognitive adverse, and sexual events such as coronary heart disease, myocardial infarction (heart attack), heart failure, stroke, kidney disease/kidney failure, dementia, Alzheimer’s, impotence, etc. In fact, HTN is a leading cause of death worldwide. Ironically, it’s also one of the most easily preventable and reversible conditions. Alas, Western medicine is immensely ineffective and downright dangerous when it comes to dealing with chronic degenerative disorders—including high blood pressure—as it fails to properly understand its etiology and pathophysiology. Medical doctors therefore opt for “treatment” and “management” of the condition with manmade chemicals thereby keeping the patient in a perpetual state of imbalance and dependence on pharmaceutical medications until the rest of his or her life. The only things that it’s sensible to “manage” are the things that are valuable to us (e.g., time, money, resources) and not the things that aren’t natural parts of our lives (disease, chronic stress, etc.).
Blood pressure is…
- Ask Akin Anything Ask Akin any question you have and receive a guaranteed response within 48 hours. There is no limit to how many questions you can ask.
- Members-Only Tips & Insights Gain instant access to Akin’s highly practical, life-transforming tips and insights, which are posted regularly.
- ‘75 Therapeutic Juices for Specific Health Conditions’ eBook Gain instant access to Akin’s popular eBook featuring juice recipes for 20+ common health conditions.
- 50% OFF All Akin’s Holistic Guides & Protocols Get any of Akin’s holistic guides and protocols for $14 (reg. price $29), including Holistic Herbal Protocol for Herpes, Heal Your Eyesight, Heal Uterine Fibroids, Heal Your Thyroid, and Life-Force Energy.
- Private Community Get access to a private forum wherein you can interact with Akin, ask questions, engage in interesting discussions, share your thoughts and journey, and bond with other individuals committed to learning, growing, and healing.