Inhaling even the slightest bit of smoke—whatever from cigarettes or cannabis—triggers a cough a cough reflex. This happens because smoke irritates the cell linings of the bronchial passages and lungs. Those who smoke on a regular basis, especially over a prolonged period of time, cause substantial damage to their respiratory tract—both upper and lower.
Both cigarette and cannabis smoke as well as aerosol (from e-cigarettes and vape pens) impair and suppress the function of the respiratory tract cells that are responsible for removing pathogens, toxins, dust, and other impurities from the respiratory passages, and induce airway inflammation and concomitant mucus formation. This profoundly weakens the lungs, impairs their ability to cleanse and protect themselves thereby rendering them vulnerable to damage, and rapidly accelerates pulmonary degeneration. This effect causes smokers to exhibit chronic bronchitis symptoms, such as cough, excessive mucus or phlegm, shortness of breath, chest tightness, and wheeze.
- Ask Akin Anything Ask Akin any question you have and receive a guaranteed response within 48 hours. There is no limit to how many questions you can ask.
- Members-Only Tips & Insights Gain instant access to Akin’s highly practical, life-transforming tips and insights, which are posted regularly.
- ‘75 Therapeutic Juices for Specific Health Conditions’ eBook Gain instant access to Akin’s popular eBook featuring juice recipes for 20+ common health conditions.
- 50% OFF All Akin’s Holistic Guides & Protocols Get any of Akin’s holistic guides and protocols for $14 (reg. price $29), including Holistic Herbal Protocol for Herpes, Heal Your Eyesight, Heal Uterine Fibroids, Heal Your Thyroid, and Life-Force Energy.
- Private Community Get access to a private forum wherein you can interact with Akin, ask questions, engage in interesting discussions, share your thoughts and journey, and bond with other individuals committed to learning, growing, and healing.